Orange Ginger Chicken
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast, cubed
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup orange marmalade
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• Fresh parsley, sesame seed or green onion for garnish
- Season chicken with paprika, garlic salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Combine flour, salt and cornstarch. Coat chicken, a few pieces at a time. Remove excess flour after coating.
- In a medium skillet, cook chicken in hot oil in batches over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink and is slightly golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to ensure all ingredients is well incorporated; cook and stir until thickened.
- Return cooked chicken to the pan; heat through and allow the sauce to coat chicken.
- Garnish with parsley, green onion or sesame seeds. ( Optional)